Pages

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

101 Things in 1001 Days - Update

It is a new year and so as I was scanning old posts, I remembered my "101 Things in 1001 Days" post and thought an update was in order, so here you go:

5. Grow our own herbs - We did this in the Spring but found that we didn't really use them.  The only herb we used reguarly was the garlic chives I got from a friend.  I don't know if we are going to plant these again.
36. Get an amazing camera - This I did! I got a Nokia that I love! I really need to post some updated pictures, I know :)
45. Be a blessing to others when I see a need and have the resource to fill it - This is something I want to be on-going, but I was able to provide a meal to a family that just had a baby and it felt so good!
 47. Start a simple garden - We planted a garden in the Spring and had plenty of veggies.  We were able to cook fresh produce and even give some to our neighbors.  I look forward to doing this again this Spring.
54. Celebrate another year of marriage with DH - Marriage is HARD but I am happy to report that my DH and I celebrated our 16th wedding anniversary in 2009 and will soon celebrate our 17th! God is GOOD!
61. Have a family picture taken - We did this and even our dog was included.  I will post soon, I promise!!
73. Make and deliver homemade Christmas gifts to all my neighbors- I did this this year and had SO much fun doing it! DH and #3 helped me! It was great being able to visit our neighbors as we delivered them just before Christmas!  This will be a yearly tradition!
76. Keep up with garden for an entire growing season - I have to admit that our garden did get a little over grown at the end, but we kept up with it pretty much until the end.  Now we will have to dig up the old when we plant the new this Spring!
86. Take dancing lessons with DH - Well, we took one dance lesson, does that count?  It is just too expensive to take private lessons and we never went back to the classes.  Life just seems to get too busy and in the way sometimes!

Ok, that is my update. Not bad, but not good either.  I need to review these more often and try to complete more this year.  The deadline is October 15, 2011.




No comments:

Post a Comment