Wednesday, February 11, 2009


Disney has a promotion for 2009 – get in free on your Birthday. My Birthday fell on a Saturday this year so why not take advantage? I invited a girlfriend and we were off last Friday, headed to Orlando, FL. It’s a 9 hour trip but with two ladies chit chatting, the time sure did fly!

We left on Friday, checked into our hotel and then headed to Downtown Disney. I had never eaten at the Rainforest Café so that is where we decided to eat Dinner. The experience was fun and entertaining. The next morning, we ate breakfast at Starbucks and then headed to Epcot (my favorite park).

We started our day in Future World, rode all the rides and headed to World Showcase to eat lunch in Mexico. Amazingly, we completed all the countries in 5 hours, it took my family of 5 two days to complete the park. We had enough time to head back to Future World to see the shows we didn’t have time for that morning. We planned to eat dinner in Japan since I have never eaten Japanese or seen a Hibachi Grill. We arrived at the restaurant and didn’t have advanced reservations so we had to wait one hour.

I brought my liquid Tylenol (I cannot swallow pills) but it got lost in the car so I didn’t bring it into the park with me. I started feeling bad on Thursday before our trip like a cold was coming on and I started the day with a rum-dum headache. It progressed throughout the day and by the time we got to eat dinner, I had a migraine and was very nauseous. The show was great and I ate the first course, but by the time my entrée ($27 steak) was cooked, I was too sick to eat. My dinner ended with the waitress bringing me a piece tiramisu with a candle, a paper chef hat and Happy Birthday sung to me in Japanese. I so wish I would have felt better to enjoy it.

My girlfriend was so great! She lead me through the park to our car, drove to Walgreens to get medicine and then to the hotel. I was so upset that she was unable to watch Illuminations (the Epcot finale show)! It’s so beautiful and she has never seen it. But I thank God for such good friends!

She dropped me off at the outside door to the hotel and she parked the car. I made it to our room and into the bathroom and tried everything I could not to throw up. I have a phobia of throwing up and haven’t done it in about 15 years. During this time, my friend came and went a couple of time which seemed odd. I made it into bed (without throwing up) and she came back and told me that she had locked the keys in the car.

At about 1:30am I woke up and the nausea was gone but my head was still pounding. I changed from my clothes into my PJ’s and took my Tylenol. Sunday morning I felt much better! My girlfriend jumped into fix it mode and worked on getting our car unlocked. Thanks to her husband and AAA, we were back on the road by 10 am.

We had a blast and have decided we will make it an annual trip. We will hit 4 parks in 4 years. Next year, I will bring my Tylenol into the park and she promises to not lock the keys in the car. Sorry that I don’t have any pictures, she was the camera person and will get me a CD this weekend. Until then, see ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment