Pages

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Recap Continued

Chapter 11: A Doubtful and Unbelieving Mind
Joyce Meyer explains that doubt and an unbelieving mind are two different things!  Matt. 14:31 says: "...O you of little faith,why did you doubt?"  This scripture helps me associate doubt with a lack of faith.  I think this brings it into perspective for me.  I can doubt and not feel too bad, but to know that when I doubt I am lacking faith, that hits me a little harder.  How about you?

Joyce goes on to explain that, "doubt causes a person to waiver between two opinions, whereas unbelief leads to disobedience."  WOW! That is powerful.  So, when I doubt, I don't have enough faith in God and when I have unbelief, I am disobeying God.  This is a powerful tool the enemy uses against all of us and we need to do our part to combat it! 

The example of Abraham is a great one.  He never doubted that God would increase his family.  Sarah did, but Abraham didn't.  Sarah's unbelief lead to disobedience, but Abraham held onto God's promise and his faith was increased!  James 1:5-7 sums it up perfectly.  We are to ask God for wisdom without doubt (in faith) and He will freely give.  Faith is the key!

Because I am an analytical person, doubt and unbelief comes easy to me.  I am not so hard that I don't allow the Holy Spirit to speak to me, but I'm sure I make it harder than others!  I am so thankful that God is a patient God and that He loves me so much!  My goal is to hide His Word in my heart so that when doubt and unbelief creep in, I can battle them with God's Word, the ultimate weapon!  This is the only course of action I can clearly see and I BELIEVE it is the right one!

No comments:

Post a Comment