Pages

Sunday, March 28, 2010

New Glasses

My #2 recently got glasses.  This is a long time coming and I felt very guilty that his eyes were kinda bad due to me not taking him to an Eye Doctor when the school first told me to.  Boy, I felt like a bad parent.  This time, I got a note from the school again (last time he was in the 2nd or 3rd grade and now he is in 6th) so I told him I was going to take him.  The last time we had this conversation, years ago, he was VERY opposed to getting glasses but thankfully this time, he was excited.

He came home from school early due to a headache (he is my headache child and has always had more than my other two! Go figure, that should have told me to get his eyes checked, duh!) so I decided to make him an appointment that day.  The doctor was very nice and told me she went through the same thing with her daughter.  I told her about the notice from the school years ago but I figured he wasn't doing bad in school so he was ok.  She said the same thing went through her mind with her daughter. 

Anyways, he is near sided and has a stigmatism, a little bit from both his Father (near sided) and myself (a stigmatism) and she wants to see him again in 6 months.  She thinks his sight will improve within that six months.  When he picked up his glasses, the Eye Doctor asked him to look at the back of the store (we were in Wal-Mart) and then to take his glasses off and look at the back of the store.  He was amazed at how bad his sight is!

Ok, here is the big reveal.....
Isn't he handsome?

No comments:

Post a Comment