Pages

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Girl's Saturday Get Together

I am so excited to say that my idea for a girl's get together finally happened!  I organized a time of food, fellowship and God's Word and although I invited around 6 women, only 2 showed up and it was amazing.  I am so glad that God is in control when I try to do something!

This was the table setting. I wanted to put a table cloth and place mats but I didn't have any so this is the best I could do!  I think it turned out well! 
  
Here is the food!  I baked two of each of these for our Sunday School class the week before (gotta love the cook it and freeze it cookbooks!).  I made a blueberry sour cream coffee cake and a puff pastry filled with eggs, sasuage, potatoes and cream cheese.  They were DELICIOUS!

 Here were the gifts.  I had so much fun sewing these totes and the girls were able to choose the one they wanted. They were excited which made me happy!

I decided to do a devotion on Friendship since this was our first meeting and I knew I was meeting with women I really didn't know that well yet.  I decided to open with a candy ice breaker. It was fun and we learned new things about each other.  Then we did a "friendship" survey to find out what kind of friend we are.  Then I referenced a devotion from the Faith Lifts devotion site about the relationship that Mary and Elizabeth had and how Mary ran to Elizabeth's house when the angel told her she was pregnant with the Lord in Luke 1:38-56.  Then she stayed with Elizabeth for three months.  The relationship they must have had for Mary to choose Elizabeth to go to at a time when she was even unsure of what was happening tells me that she trusted Elizabeth.  I want someone who I can run to when I need a trusting ear and heart.

I believe God has opened a door for the women in this group to grow closer to each other and God.  To keep each other accountable and encourage each other in tough times.  To celebrate with each other.  I am so excited to see what the future holds!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment